Celebration of the 112th Anniversary of International Women’s Day
under the topic “Protecting Women and Girls for Inclusive Justice”
Phnom Penh, 01 March 2023
We, a group of civil society organizations (CSOs) including unions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and associations working for promoting women’s rights and gender equality in Cambodia, such as the Cambodian Food and Service Workers’ Federation (CFSWF), Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR), Cambodian Alliance of Trade Union (CATU), Cambodian Tourism Workers Union Federation (BWTUC), Labour Right Supported Union (LRSU), Independent Democracy of Informal Economy Association (IDEA), Cambodian Youth Network Association (CYN), Youth Resource Development Program (YRDP), Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL), Sahmakum Teang Tnaut Organization (STT), Cambodian Human Rights and Development Association (ADHOC), Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO), Klahaan Organization, and Equitable Cambodia (EC), have the honor to inform the general public, and national and international journalists that we are going to celebrate the 112th anniversary of the International Women’s Day . The topic for the 2023 commemoration is “Protecting Women and Girls for Inclusive Justice”.
The purpose of this celebration is to recognize the hard work and efforts made by women, girls, and women human rights defenders (WHRDs) from all sectors, to raise public awareness about the demands and challenges of women and girls and demand the government to address their essential needs, concerns for social protection system and injustices of vulnerable women and girls.
Please be informed about this event and join us in celebrating it through the following activities:
- On 01 March 2023, we will start posting our daily countdown flyers to alert the date of the open-space celebration of International Women’s Day.
- From 01 March 2023 to 07 March 2023, we are going to publish seven subsequent videos showing the requests to address 17 demands from different
- On 02 March 2023, we will host a radio talk show on “The Campaign for International Women’s Day 2023”.
- On 08 March 2023, we will conduct an open-space event for 500 participants at Freedom Park to commemorate International Women’s Day in 2023”. The theme for this event is “Protecting Women and Girls for Inclusive Justice”
For additional information, please contact:
- OU Tephallin Tel. (+855) 11 984 883
- YANG Sophorn Tel. (+855) 12 880 039
- CHAK Sopheap Tel. (+855) 11 943 213
- MEAS Sa Im Tel. (+855) 86 382 666
- KHUN Tharo Tel. (855) 93 556 671
This post is also available in: Khmer