Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Program Officer.
Being jointly responsible for the successful implementation of Anti-Human Trafficking & Migration Unit activities, the Program Officer will participate and provide support in the performance and implementation of all relevant project activities. More specifically, he/she will:
- Actively participate in the planning and implementation of all Anti-Human Trafficking & Migration Unit activities including in the field;
- Assist in the design of tools for documentation and investigation of human trafficking and labor exploitation cases as well as information kits on safe migration for village forums and pre-departure trainings;
- Cooperate and work with CENTRAL staff and other relevant stakeholders in cases of investigation, rescue, repatriation and reintegration of victims of trafficking and exploitation;
- Thoroughly document all human trafficking and migration cases handled by CENTRAL;
- Cooperate and work with CENTRAL staff and other relevant stakeholders in carrying out research on migrant worker issues both in Cambodia and abroad where necessary;
- Engage with and advocate to private and public entities and stakeholders for the better protection of Cambodian migrant workers;
- Transparently handle and be accountable for the spending of funds connected to the implementation of Anti-Human Trafficking and Migration Unit activities;
- Assist the Anti-Human Trafficking and Migration Unit Head in the preparation of quarterly and annual narrative and monitoring and evaluation reports for submission to donors;
- Assist with other duties of the Anti-Human Trafficking and Migration Unit and/or CENTRAL’s broader program work as directed by the Unit Head or Executive Director.
- At least Bachelor/postgraduate degree in the field law and economic or equivalent
- At least 3 years practical work experience in migration, anti-human trafficking, labor and/or human rights
- Proficiency in spoken and written Khmer and English
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong capacity to work independently and work in team within cross culture environment
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to initiate new project idea
- Willing to work on public holiday, weekend if required
- Honest, reliable, and hardworking
Please send cover letter and CV to e-mail: [email protected], or to CENTRAL’s office,
#359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: February 28th, 2021 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.