Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is looking for an effective Legal Officer to undertake a variety of program management and legal services to their beneficiaries.
- Provide legal consultation and representation to workers and trade unions including at the Ministry of Labour, the Arbitration Council or in court.
- Study, analyse and provide legal opinions on specific laws and regulations relating to labour and human rights.
- Study and analyse draft laws, policies or regulations relevant to CENTRAL’s work for development into papers for law and policy advocacy.
- Draft media statements in order to promote and protect labour and human rights.
- Conduct training for trade unions/workers, communities and clients on how they can assert their legal rights;
- Develop training material as needed for the Protection Unit.
- Provide mentoring and coaching for workplace paralegals to provide effective legal services to union members and/or local communities;
- Assist the Head of Protection Unit in program management and reporting;
- Assist the Head of Protection Unit in monitoring and evaluation work undertaken to ensure effectiveness of activities and identify means of improvement;
- Assist the Head of Protection Unit in liaising with NGOs and donors for professional development;
- Conduct case investigations and monitoring and compile investigation and monitoring reports in consultation with Protection Unit team.
- Cooperate with all relevant persons, stakeholders, and/or institutions for the planning and implementation of project activities;
- Implement together with the Protection Unit, project activities following the project work plan, in quantity and quality as stipulated in the project documents;
- Deal with and handle funds in a transparent, efficient and effective manner.
- Participate in meetings as requested by CENTRAL;
- Provide assistance to other Units and colleagues at CENTRAL when and where appropriate;
- Perform other tasks as assigned or requested by supervisors.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in law
- At least 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Understanding of labour and human rights issues in Cambodia.
- Experiences working with labour activists such as union leaders, and other groups of working people will be highly valued.
- Good interpersonal skills, self- motivated, honest, reliable, and hardworking
- Strong communication skill in Khmer and English (verbal and written)
Please send cover letter and CV to e-mail: [email protected], or to CENTRAL’s office, #359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: April 18th, 2021 before 5 p.m.,
CVs will not be returned. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.