The Center for Alliance of Labor and Human Rights (CENTRAL) is a Cambodian non-governmental organization working on organizing and supporting the Cambodian working people through legal aid and other appropriate means to demand transparent and accountable governance for labor and human rights.
CENTRAL is seeking a Project Coordinator to manage the USAID-funded joint project Empowering Cambodian Civil Society Actors and Networks (ECCS).
The Empowering Cambodian Civil Society Actors and Networks (ECCS) Project Coordinator will be based at CENTRAL to manage the project, facilitate coordination and communication between partners, monitor achievements, and submit reporting to USAID.
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia, with occasional travel to assigned provinces.
Schedule: Full time
Salary & Benefits: Full time, competitive NGO salary package
- In collaboration with CENTRAL’s Executive Director and Management team, facilitate overall management of all functions of the Project;
- Maintain close contact and coordination with elected representatives of the project at both YRDP and COMFREL;
- Plan, organize, and facilitate quarterly meetings between the partners to coordinate and manage ongoing project work and reporting;
- Be familiar with, or fully familiarize themself with USAID donor requirements and expectations, stay up to date with changes or developments in USAID policies and proactively integrate them into project planning, implementation, and MEL.
- Facilitate effective and regular communication between collaborating partners to align strategies and identify priorities based on shifting developments in the operating environment and donor requirements;
- Conduct regular monitoring of collaborating partners to track project achievements and ensure on-time and accurate donor reporting;
- Conduct on-going monitoring of activities in collaboration with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to collect and disseminate CENTRAL’s data on learnings;
- Collect, compile, draft, and polish all project-level reports and documentation in line with USAID reporting guidelines in a timely manner;
- In consultation with the Advisor, Program Manager, Management Team, and Executive Director, conduct continuous monitoring on project activities, budget, and outcomes to meet regular reporting deadlines; and
- Potentially contributing to other cross-program duties as needed.
The ECCS Project Coordinator should be an independent worker and quick learner, with strong communication and writing skills. The ideal candidate will have the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Project Management, or a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience coordinating development projects, preferably with NGOs
- Excellent planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage diverse teams and collaborate effectively
- Fluency in English
- Khmer fluency is an advantage
- Willingness to travel and work in remote areas
- Passionate about social impact and community development
CENTRAL invites all interested candidates to submit a cover letter detailing how their background and qualifications fit the role, along with their CV. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to CENTRAL’s core values, a willingness to learn and think creatively, and enthusiasm for working in a team-based environment in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
Please submit cover letter and CV by e-mail to [email protected] , or in person at
#359, Street 69BT Sangkat Boeung Tompun, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh
Deadline: November 13, 2023, before 5 p.m.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.